Satvik breakfast Porridge
Satvik Breakfast Porridge
This breakfast recipe is a vegan, not boring, wholesome, nutritious, easy to digest, cooling for stomach, filling and a balancing meal.
This recipe can be cooked fresh in the morning during breakfast or can be made on previous night, placed in refrigerator overnight and consumed as a cold porridge in the morning.
- 2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk/Rice milk/fresh milk
- 1 cup Oats (rolled or steel cut or old fashioned) or 1/2 cup broken rice (idli rava)
- 1/2 tablespoon Chia seeds(chia seeds should be soaked overnight)- optional
- 1 tablespoons unsalted nuts like walnut, almonds, macadamia nuts, pecan nuts, cashew nuts etc.
- 1 tablespoons dried fruit (figs, dates, raisins, black currants)
- Optional Sweetener (cane sugar/ coconut sugar/ date syrup)
- Place almond milk, chia seeds, and nuts in a small saucepan, stir it and let it come to a boil.
- Add and stir in the oats or idli rava so that they don’t stick. Cook about 2-3 minutes, add sweetener, stirring occasionally for one more minute.
- Place it in a bowl and garnish it with dried fruits.
There are optional ingredients depending on the availability, palate and the local foods preference. This porridge is very good for nourishing all the tissues in our body.