(Ayurveda= Ayuh + Veda = Life + Knowledge= Complete multi-dimensional knowledge about life)
The Time-Honored Indian Science of Ayurveda is estimated to be as old as mankind. It has been the oldest and powerful tool for good health against various diseases, disorders, epidemics, wars through many centuries. Matching the mankind’s journey through the time, Ayurveda is the life-science that has survived the changing centuries and developments.
Some of the greatest endowments of Ayurveda upon us are
- Understanding of our body as a miniscule of this universe through the concept of Panchmahabhutas (five essential elements)- Aakash (Ether), Vayu (air), Agni (Fire), Jal (Water) and Prithvi (Earth)
- Uncomplicated yet detailed division of body in three humors (i) Vata- Motion (ii) Pitta- Energy (iii) Kapha- Matter
- Simple and comprehensive description of seven body tissues (i) Rasa- Plasma (ii) Rakta- Blood (iii) Mamsa- Muscles (iv) Meda- Lipids (v) Asthi- Bones (vi) Majja- Bone marrow (vii) Shukra- reproductive tissue
- Individualistic approach for every patient in lifestyle, diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of Ayurveda
- Using all the natural and simplest tools of diagnosis (i) Nadi (Pulse) (ii) Mootra (Urine) (iii)Mala (Stool) (iv) Jihva (Tongue) (v) Shabda (Speech) (vi) Sparsha (Touch) (vii)Druk (Vision) (viii) Aakruti (Appearance)
- Nadi-pariksha (Pulse Diagnosis)- It is a unique, non-invasive, scientific, authentic and reliable approach for diagnosis. The art of assessing the person’s constitution, disorders, tissue imbalances, subtle metabolic occurrences in the body, with the help of radial pulse (most commonly) is known as pulse diagnosis
- Description of herbs, cereals, pulses, fruits & vegetables with their botany, areas of growth, gathering, storage, usage, indications, contra- indications, formulations, efficacy, etc.
- Understanding about time, mode, and carrier of administration for various medicines.
- Din Charya (Daily regime), Rutu Charya (Seasonal regime) according to diverse regions (tropic, temperate, costal, cold)
- Aahar (food) and vihar (lifestyle) for healthy and unhealthy people
- Matchless Panchkarma treatments with multi-fold benefits (i) Vamana- Emesis (ii) Virechana- Purgation (iii) Basti- Enema (iv) Nasya- Nasal instillations (v) Rakta mokshana- blood letting
Through various alternative sciences and newest researches all the above given aspects of Ayurveda are being revived again. Being a science of restoration, addressing the root cause, living a healthy life in sync with nature, it’s the ultimate path of Yoga.